The Council Of Unity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Council Of Unity

Forum Boards For All Things Illumina

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Unity (Advent Society).

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nautilae
Faction Leader
Faction Leader

The Unity (Advent Society). Empty
PostSubject: The Unity (Advent Society).   The Unity (Advent Society). I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:36 pm

This is semi-straight from the book and I've twisted some facts to better suite the lore created....

The Advent, which the society is known collectively as The Unity, are a highly advanced civilization that relies heavily on spiritual, psychic, and cybernetic technolgies. A sense of elitism permeates the Unity, and is most strongly expressed with the high value they place on psionic abilities.

Silent Ones; those who are unable to participate in the Unity's group mind, are exceptionally rare and universally shunned.

At an early age, Advent children are taught to seek enlightenment in whichever way naturally suits them and it is common to see even the very young using neurochemicals or artificial implants to augment their mental abilities. This advanced level of integration with their technology - known as PsiTech - is largely responsible for the Advent's strange sense of collectivism and allows them to share their thoughts and feelings on an almost intimate level.

Navigating, interpreting and shaping this sea of ideas are highly prized skills in Advent culture and one's mastery in these are the basis of the unity's social hierarchy. Females in particular demonstrate a natural prowess and have come to dominate the higher castes, called Coalescences.

When the Trade Order forced the Advent's ancestors off their home world, it scarred their psyche leaving a strong desire for retribution, which through time was turned into a prophecy, later rebirthed by the Empress. This desire though blinded through countless years of peace was the drive that The Advent possessed contributing to their technological advancements that surpassed the TEC by eons. By the end of the 1000 years of solitude and the birth of the Empire, the Advent went to fulfill their long lost prophecy.

The unity undivided in their goals, are divided in emphasis, those of Harmony and those of Hostility...

The followers of Harmony places emphasis on the collective mind and of Advent cultural.

The followers of Hostility, a sect that was born during the birth of the empire from the new council under the empress's lieutenants, placing an emphasis on war / retribution and technology mostly in PsiTech.

Both follow the will of the unity in ways that make the Advents empire undivided and unflinching.
Back to top Go down
Nautilae
Faction Leader
Faction Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Unity (Advent Society).   The Unity (Advent Society). I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:40 pm

Oh I need assitance for one thing in perticular regarding this lore topic. I am poor with the creation of new words / names...

I need to create caste

The top caste is given through the manual (Coalesences.)

I need a lower caste

And something the lines of a warrior caste for the military.
Back to top Go down
A.Setsuna
Admin
Admin
A.Setsuna

PostSubject: Re: The Unity (Advent Society).   The Unity (Advent Society). I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:52 pm

Sure, ill do a little research and ill come up with some names for the caste system. When you do set up a ranking/caste system, you should post it over to the Rules and Regulations section The Archives.
Back to top Go down
https://theillumina.board-directory.net
Nautilae
Faction Leader
Faction Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Unity (Advent Society).   The Unity (Advent Society). I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:54 pm

Cool and will do, also another caste I want is something of a priest caste psychic in nature

ps: gotta love the EVE background, good game Razz
Back to top Go down
A.Setsuna
Admin
Admin
A.Setsuna

PostSubject: Re: The Unity (Advent Society).   The Unity (Advent Society). I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 10:00 pm

Indeed, i would have gotten into playing EVE Online alot more if it didnt cost so much every month. Other than that, i was lucky to have come across that image and it fit so well into the theme of our forum.
Back to top Go down
https://theillumina.board-directory.net
Nautilae
Faction Leader
Faction Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Unity (Advent Society).   The Unity (Advent Society). I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 10:02 pm

Heh, as we go a bit off-topic... I played the hell out of that game stopped because I gave my character to a good friend who I owed alot and sold it before I could get back to him, I could fly a dreadnaught... all that time lost, you tend to loose intrest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Unity (Advent Society).   The Unity (Advent Society). I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Unity (Advent Society).
Page 1 of 1