The Council Of Unity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Council Of Unity

Forum Boards For All Things Illumina

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Advent Lore

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nautilae
Faction Leader
Faction Leader

Advent Lore Empty
PostSubject: Advent Lore   Advent Lore I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:41 pm

(A horrible attempt to organize my thoughts and the thoughts of others.)Combination of Site/Manual lore along with my own and others.

The Advent Empire

With origins that stretch well before the Trade order, legends tells that our civilization was forged as one of the "lost" who sought spiritual escape on the periphery of known space following the great wars of antiquity.(Note their could be awesome lore depth here, should I or someone else want to delve into it.)

1,000 years ago During the formation of the Trade Order, their emissaries encountered our ancient desert home world orbiting a giant red star on the periphery. The greedy mongerers sought to exploit us of our wealth, we denied them. Arrogantly they sent research teams to our world of whom they had the audacity of calling our methods savage and barbaric, after seeking to plunder us and our resources.
(Shocking acts of deviancy, at every level of society, violated the venerable taboos common to all the Trader Worlds. Sinful cerebral integration technologies, unrestricted biological experimentation, strange forms of collectivism, and the wholesale usage of countless neurochemicals were but a few of the transgressions. ) The trader coalition unanimously voted to rid of us. Legends tell that the years to follow was bloody and that more than half of our population were slain, all so the greedy order could claim a profit. We were thus exiled, banished to the far reaches of space against our will.

It was in the abyss that we found an utopia, a desert world with countless resources... It was not to remain a desert for long. With our people thriving once again we used the resources provided and terraformed it into a terran world with vast oceans and teaming jungles. Our seat of power would remain on a desert of the new home world maintaining their long heirterage, which means more to us then you'll ever know... We dubbed the new home world Atlantis, a name that has references that go beyond recorded history of a civilization grander then that of any in its time.

Our civilization has long since turned those peaceful years into legends and myths. We were ruled by the council, a group of individuals who are in a constant state of bliss with the mind of the unity. These powerful psychics who are able to bend worlds with a mere thought, of whom sadly began to loose their way, straying from the path of the unity and into darkness. No one ever figured out why, but it is said that the night the council slipped into madness was covered in darkness. Myths claim it to be something along the lines of a broken comet with countless tails, personally it sounded to me like a fleet, and why it loomed over head is beyond me. But when the council slipped into madness, countless of our worlds began to fall silent. Its said that with their great psychic power they began to kill the worlds of our brethren and they had to be stopped...(Note: My take on lore was that to better inbed us with the Vasari, i decided to take that dark menace that had been plaguing them to "grace" the advent world. Were this goes is the same for the wars of antiquity. Also note that though the council is portrayed as the bad guy, the reason they slipped into madness is because they had lost their minds trying to deflect that dark menace from our world...)

Through the collective of our mind, a priest of the Temple of Harmony, with a light greater then any star in the galaxy, stepped forward blessed with the unity's mind at her aid. She and her closest followers marched into the great citadel of the council, the council though still potent had lost their focus and their touch with reality. With the domination of our collective minds we muted them, labeling them as silent ones they were casted off to the deep recesses of space, dead by now probably. Thus the empress came to power, Aurora, the embodiment of our collective minds, the will of the unity and our beacon of light in dark times. Her lieutenants who would rule our new council heralded the birth of a new temple in the arts of hostility and the dawn of a new age...

It was not to last however, our empire both vast and grand was loosing resources and the lack of any true conflict left us stagnant. But our empress, she held a great vision of a time long since forgotten at the time of our former home world and the barbarians that wronged us. With renewed vengeance and the desire to return home the collective mind as one voice opted for war...
Back to top Go down
godoggo

Advent Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advent Lore   Advent Lore I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 6:38 pm

I'm hoping that this is the right spot.

Acur and Priu had been together for a long time. Their relationship was extremely confidential, no one (or at least they hoped) knew of it. Acur was the leader of a small fleet often placed in the front lines, and was well-known above the commoners because of his rapid ascencion to power. A silent one, Priu was universally shunned and forgotten, except to Acur. They were an unusual couple, one reason why they felt safe together. The Enlightened was an old secret society, founded by Acur's great-grandfather. Over the years, leadership had been passed down to Acur. The Enlightened Ones (members of the society) all desired power over the Advent in order to spread their ideas of extreme PsiTech. They had a very strong desire to avenge their ancestors, and with their advanced techniques, they believed it was possible to achieve true annihilation of the TEC.

However, a long-time member betrayed the society and revealed it to the outside world. Acur and the other members were to be silenced (removed from the collective mind and imprisoned). By this time, Priu was already 5-months pregnant. The evening before the silencing ceremony, Acur told Priu of the secret compartment in their basement containing the history of the Enlightened Ones. He told her to show it to the child when he was born.

Sonora was born on a stormy day, an inauspicious omen. He grew up quickly, but never went to school, being the son of a silent one. He was never taught the rules of society, obedience, but most of all, the dangers of psychic powers. Fascinated by his powers, he dedicated most of his time experimenting with them. Sonora's strength improved drastically, and by the age of ten, he had the powers of a fully realized adult. Priu watched him, and with increasing fear of his power, hesitated to inform him of The Enlightened. But her love of Acur was stronger, and she told him when he was 15. At first, Sonora rejected the idea, but after long thought, he realized the possibilities. Thus, The Enlightened was reborn.

It slowly accumulated members like Sonora, people who had adnormally strong psychic powers. At their age, the normal way to ascend the ranks of society would be through hard work. But the Enlightened Ones weren't normal. They used power to achieve their positions, quickly rising from the weapons manager of a Disciple Vessel to the commander of a Iconus Guardian. But from then on, attempts to rise through the ranks by use of pure power were too public to be carried out. The only way to rise through the ranks secretly and achieve true power would be by taking the classic route of hard work.

What will happen to Sonora and the other Enlightened Ones? Will they learn the rules of society in order to rise through the ranks? Or will they try to use power to get what they want?
Back to top Go down
A.Setsuna
Admin
Admin
A.Setsuna

Advent Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advent Lore   Advent Lore I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 7:13 pm

Actually you should make a new post under "The Council" Thread when ever you get the chance.
Back to top Go down
https://theillumina.board-directory.net
godoggo

Advent Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advent Lore   Advent Lore I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 7:23 pm

Do you want me to make a new topic, or just reply to one?
Back to top Go down
A.Setsuna
Admin
Admin
A.Setsuna

Advent Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advent Lore   Advent Lore I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 7:43 pm

Make a new one under "The Council" thread. Also, im assuming you are Acur?
Back to top Go down
godoggo

Advent Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advent Lore   Advent Lore I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 12:25 am

Acur? No, I'm Sonora. I did find myself getting a little caught up in my history.

Sounds good, I'll make the new post. Thanks.

EDIT: How's that?
Back to top Go down
A.Setsuna
Admin
Admin
A.Setsuna

Advent Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advent Lore   Advent Lore I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 2:09 am

godoggo wrote:
Acur? No, I'm Sonora. I did find myself getting a little caught up in my history.

Sounds good, I'll make the new post. Thanks.

EDIT: How's that?

Looks good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Advent Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advent Lore   Advent Lore I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advent Lore
Page 1 of 1